Art and Design
At Kenton Bar Primary School, our art and design curriculum is designed to engage, inspire and challenge children, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to participate in, experiment with, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design.
In our Early Years Foundation Stage, we aim to:
- Develop imagination and creativity in our children
Develop the ability to use media and materials.
In Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, children study the National Curriculum for Art and Design and we aim to:
- Engage, inspire and challenge pupil
- Equip pupils with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design
- Encourage children to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of art and design
- Teach children know how art and design reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture and wealth of our nation.
Our whole school art and design project to celebrate 100 years since the end of World War 1 using a wide range of materials and techniques.