At Kenton Bar Primary School, we place a great emphasis on the importance of History within our curriculum. History encourages curiosity about the past, provides a context from which to understand ourselves and others, and develops critical thinking and understanding of the complexities of past and present societies.
In our Early Years Foundation Stage, we aim to:
- Develop children's language to talk about past and present events in their own lives and in the lives of family members.
In Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, children study the National Curriculum for History and we aim to:
- Engage, inspire and challenge pupils
- Develop knowledge of the chronology of Britain from the earliest times to the present day and how Britain has been shaped by the wider world
- Inspire pupil’s curiosity to know more about the past
- Equip pupils to ask perceptive questions, think critically, weigh evidence and development judgements
- Develop historical language and concepts