Homework in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Offers parents and carers ideas and practical activities to do at home with their children.
- Supports the learning that has taken place each week.
- Should be a time that children can spend with their parents/carers engaging in fun activities together.
- Will be enjoyable for both to take part in.
- Parents will be asked to contribute to their child’s online Learning Journal.
Homework in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
- Pupils will have access to Seesaw, our online learning platform, and homework books in which they complete their homework.
- Every pupil will receive weekly homework which is given out on a Tuesday and to be returned every Monday morning.
- At Kenton Bar Primary School, pupils will be given a weekly activity taking 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- The amount of homework will increase as the child progresses through school. Teachers may occasionally set extra homework for the whole class if they feel it would be beneficial.